FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Membership is extended to any nurse interested in the field of Chemical Dependency.
- State-wide networking opportunities for working together in the field of Chemical Dependency Nursing.
- Opportunity for quality educational Seminars
- Opportunities for Certification as Chemical Dependency Nurse. “CDNC”
- Complete 4000 hours of Chemical Dependency Nursing experience
- Successfully complete comprehensive examination once developed
- Certification is valid for two years.
- Recertification requires the completion of 40 verifiable continuing education contact hours.
- 75% or 30 hours must be in Chemical Dependency Nursing.
- Certified nurses are responsible for maintaining their CDNC certification.
- Certificant will receive notification 60 days prior to expiration date.
- Accredited continuing education contact hours are acceptable from the following organizations:
- All state and national nursing associations
- Other national health care related associations offering continuing education contact hours
- College courses in chemical dependency, or related health care fields must be completed with available transcripts